Welcome to The Mom Bob!
Who I am:
I’m Natalie, the creator of this little space and a long-time wearer of a “mom bob.” Every now and then I grow my hair out and wear a mom bun, but I always seem to come home to the bob. So, it seemed fitting and fun to call my blog that!
Some fast facts about me: I’m married to my best friend, Brian, and we have a pair of adorable twin boys together. I’m a really lucky woman to have three such amazing guys in my life.
Aside from being a mom and wife I am a writer, a comfort food chef, an organizational fanatic, and a lover of loungewear.
Where I live and where I’m from:
I live in Little Rock, Arkansas, which is where my husband was born and raised. I love it here! But I was actually born in the Texas Panhandle, and I spent 3rd grade and on living in Kansas, and although it was a different state, it was only 45 minutes away from where I was born, but I still consider myself a MidWesterner for the most part. Every now and then I find myself missing the food, the people, and the sunsets from back home. You can’t beat sunsets on the prairie.
I met my husband while I was in school at Kansas State University and he was stationed at Ft. Riley.
What I do:
At present, I’m a
slave to stay-at-home mom to my two amazing sons, Beau and Bennett. I call them Los Bubs. They’re super gorgeous and cuddly and smart and fun, and I’m not biased even at all, so you can trust me when I say all of that.
I could show you slideshows of them for days, but I’ll restrain myself.
I have a degree in Mass Communications (emphasis in Public Relations). However I haven’t been able to bring myself to want to go back to working outside of the home yet. I love staying home with my boys and it’s such a privilege to be able to do so. They’re the best and hardest job I’ve ever had, and I love it….most days. And even on our worst days, at least I get to wear sweatpants. This blog serves as a creative outlet for me!
What to expect from this blog:
This is a personal blog and I plan to fill it with my thoughts and favorite things whatever that may be at that moment in time!
Extra little morsels about me…
- I was saved on April 22, 2012. Praise the Lord!
- My favorite color is any shade of blue.
- My favorite flowers are big yellow roses. But I also really love hydrangeas.
- My husband and I eloped on a random, rainy Wednesday. It was amazing. ❤
- My boys were born premature just shy of 32 weeks, so we spent 49 days in the NICU. They’ve been little fighters all their lives!
- My favorite flavor of ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough. Or maybe cookies n cream. But I’ll eat pretty much any ice cream.
- I lost my younger brother very suddenly when he was 16. He had a disease called HLH that we never knew about until after he died. Grief has been a big part of my journey and because of Robby, a large piece of my heart belongs in heaven with him.
- My name means Christmas, and that’s my favorite time of year.
- There’s no length that I won’t go to to get out of cleaning the toilets. It’s just not something that God has called me to do.
- I’m a Pisces, and I think it’s a pretty accurate little sign for me.
That’s all I’ve got for now! I really hope that you enjoy browsing through my little blog!